Are you living in line with your values? Do your words reflect your passions? Do your actions reflect what is truly important to you?
Or are you one of the majority? One of the “most” in the realization that most people are simply living from one moment to the next with little regard to how aligned with their values their lives truly are.
Let’s take a look at a couple of examples.
- We want to be financially independent and debt-free, yet we continue to spend frivolously.
- We want important goals to be met, yet we waste time on things that do not matter.
- We want our loved ones to call or visit, yet when they do, we are distracted or not truly present.
- We want people to love and accept us for who we are, yet we wear masks and pretend to be something we’re not.
- We want our children to trust us – to come to us in their failures as well as their victories, yet we chastise and rebuke them for their inability to reach a steady level of perfection.
Do you see what I’m getting at? We want one thing in our lives, yet we are constantly doing that which is completely opposed to that one thing. It’s as if we are fighting the battle for the enemy — from the inside of the front lines!
So what do we do? Lay down in defeat? Decide to just continue on the same path and assure our own demise? Allow the enemy to determine the outcome for our life here on earth?
Or do we fight? Do we refuse to lie down and decide to fight and take back what is ours? Our goals! Our values! Our sense of purpose & fulfillment!
My friend, God has put you here on this rock for a very specific purpose. You’ve heard me say it time and time again. You’re not an accident. You’re not a lab-experiment gone wrong. You are a child of the most high God! A creation made in His image and for His purpose. You were planned from the roots of your hair all the way down to the tips of your toes — and everything in between.
You did not get here on your own, and you’re not going to make it out on your own, either. You have got to put down the expectation that you can do this on your own — you simply can’t. If you want to live the life that God has called you to, you’re going to have to rely fully on Him. Forget self-help. That’s going to get you right where “self” has already gotten you. We need something a whole lot stronger – SomeONE a whole lot bigger.
So let’s put on the armor of God. Let’s fight this battle against the enemy furiously! Those values that God has given you in your heart are there for a reason. Live with love, authenticity, goodness, hope, and diligence. Pray for guidance, wisdom, and understanding. Read the word of God daily! And devote each and every moment of your life to living a life that is in line with God’s purpose.